School Counseling Department
***Please phone the main office for messages requiring immediate attention at (636) 891-6650.
School Counseling is an integral part of the total educational program at Ridge Meadows. It is a comprehensive program that includes sequential activities kindergarten through fifth grade. It is developmental and facilitative in nature, as it assists students in developing competencies for life experiences and transitions.
The counseling program assists students in acquiring the skills and attitudes necessary to be successful learners. It emphasizes that the classroom is a child's first workplace and that communication, decision-making, interpersonal, and career awareness skills are important to their success.
I am here to help your child have a successful year. My goal is to help your child feel happy, confident and connected to our school community. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.
Some Counselor Responsibilities Include:
- Teaching PDFguidance lessons in all classrooms
- Conferencing with teachers and parents
- Interpreting individual test results
- Coordinating CARE team meetings
- Facilitating referrals to Rockwood's Gifted Program
- Facilitating referrals for Special Education (Special School District)
- Providing short term individual counseling
- Facilitating PDFsmall group counseling
Appointments can be made in many ways:
- A student may request an appointment
- A teacher may request an appointment for a student
- A parent may request an appointment for a student
- An administrator may request an appointment for a student
Character Education is infused in guidance lessons as well as classroom lessons taught by all members of Ridge Meadows' staff.
All students will be valued and provided results-based instruction in the areas of Career, Academic, and Personal Social Development, through a comprehensive guidance program, as they acquire skills, abilities and attitudes that empower them to be lifelong contributing members of society.
The School Counseling program includes:
CURRICULUM consists of classroom lessons and large group presentations
INDIVIDUAL PLANNING consists of activities that help all students plan, monitor, and manage their own learning as well as their personal and career development.
RESPONSIVE SERVICES consists of activities to meet immediate needs and concerns of students.
SYSTEM SUPPORT consists of management activities that establish, maintain, and enhance the total guidance program.