***Rockwood Transportation's Offices will be closed Dec. 27 through Dec. 31***
Do you have questions about your child's bus route or bus stop? The Rockwood Transportation Call Center will be available to assist you in the weeks before we start transporting students. Visit e-Link to get the bus stop information for your children. The Transportation Department is very busy preparing for the first day of school on Monday, Aug. 23. We are making adjustments daily to routes and pick-up and drop-off times, so we ask that you please check your child’s bus stop information again between Friday, Aug. 20, and Sunday, Aug. 22, for the most up-to-date details for the first day of school on Monday.
Please note: The first two weeks of school we may experience a high volume of calls. We will service your calls as soon as possible and appreciate your understanding and patience. Also, masks are currently required on all forms of public transportation across the country, including school buses.
Our families using Rockwood Transportation system may call the Rockwood Transportation office at (636) 733-8500 for school bus information at anytime throughout the school year.
Our families participating in the voluntary transfer program may call the VICC Transportation office at (314) 721-8657 for school bus information.
Important Changes to Transportation Protocols
As a result of the continued driver shortage, which most school districts in our region and state are experiencing, Rockwood will need to implement the following changes beginning with the 2021-2022 school year:
- Students who live within approximately one mile of most of our schools will no longer be eligible for transportation (those who are affected have already been notified via email by our department);
- A significant number of routes will be combined to create more efficient routes that our staffing can reasonably support;
- Having fewer routes and more students on our buses will mean that we will have less flexibility to accommodate changes. Unless it is a true emergency, we will no longer be allowing guest riders or accepting requests to drop off at a location other than your home address or alternate address (with the exception of a childcare facility).
Please know that financial considerations played no part in this need to implement changes to our protocols. These changes are a direct result of our driver shortage, and we have been working very hard to avoid having to implement them. We have taken the following steps to try and address the staffing shortage:
- We offer competitive pay;
- We actively market and advertise our open positions;
- We offer a $1,500 referral bonus for staff;
- We offer a $1,000 sign-on bonus for hires who have a commercial driver's license.
Thank you for your understanding and support as we continue to manage the driver shortage while providing safe and reliable transportation for as many students as possible. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Transportation Department at 636-733-8500.
Starting with the 2021-2022 school year, Rockwood is asking for all district parents' cooperation in filling out a required Transportation Registration Form to indicate their children's transportation plans for the upcoming school year.
The form will allow the district to keep track of which families require district transportation via school buses, any special drop-off and pick-up instructions for students riding the bus and which families will be providing their own transportation.
Even if you do not plan on your child(ren) riding the bus, please fill out the form and let us know how your child(ren) will be transported to and from school. One form must be filled out for each child.
Please note that changes to bus routes may not take effect until 2-3 business days after families complete the form.
If you have any questions, please contact 636-733-8500.