School Hours and Information
School Start Time: 9:09 a.m.
Dismissal Time: 3:59 p.m.
Early Dismissal Hours: 9:09 a.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Lunch and Recess Times
Arrival Time for Students
For safety, there will be a staff member assisting the “drop-off” lane, several staff members supervising the buses, and staff members in the rotunda and hallways. Starting at 9:00 a.m., students can be dropped off in the “drop-off” lane located in the lower parking level. Please use extreme caution when using the crosswalk into the building. Wait until a staff member signals you safely across.
We will be utilizing multiple entrances to the building for our students. Our K-2 students will enter through the MAIN ENTRANCE. No parents will be able to enter the building during arrival. All appointments with the teacher must be arranged in advance.
The bus lane is strictly for buses. It is also our fire lane, so there is no parking at any time in the bus/fire lane. Buses will unload one bus at a time starting at 9:00 a.m.
Students who are eating breakfast will enter the building at 8:50 a.m. and wait in the cafeteria with a staff member until the first bell at 9:00 a.m.
All students are to arrive before 9:10 a.m., our start time.
For safety, there are multiple staff members supervising the bus lanes, the halls, and the gym.
Adventure Club, walkers, and parent pick-up students are dismissed at 3:52 p.m. Bus riders will report to the gym by 3:54 p.m. Buses will be called to exit the building and board the bus when the bus arrives. One bus will load at a time.
If your child is being picked-up:
Thank you for your attention and support to these procedures for the safety of all!
- Pull your vehicle into the parent drop-off lane as well as the thru lane next to the drop-off lane. We will have two lanes of parent pick-up traffic at the end of the day. There is no parking or driving in the bus/fire lane.
- Please wait for your child(ren) in your vehicle. Each family will receive a name tag to hang on your rearview mirror for easy identification. These will be handed out on the first day of in-person school.
- Students will be escorted out the main entrance doors by their classroom teacher for parent pick-up. The line of students will be walked down the center of the car lanes and will get in their vehicle as they walk. Once the students have walked all the way to the end of the line, the students will be escorted back to the sidewalk. Once all students are safely seated on the curb, the first wave of filled cars will be dismissed. A staff member will be at the front of the cars and another staff member will be at the back. Once we get the “all-clear” that students are safely in cars or seated on the curb, the staff member will signal the first wave of vehicles to safely leave the parking lot. The second wave of cars will then move to the front of the two lanes and students will be escorted to their cars once the second wave of vehicles is safely parked. This cycle will continue until all students have been safely escorted to their vehicles.
- Teachers will escort their cohort (class) to their cars. Grade levels will be called by the office in shifts to avoid crowding in the hallways.
Early Dismissal and Late Arrivals
Sometimes it is necessary for a parent/guardian to pick up a child during the school day for dental or doctor appointments, etc. In such circumstances, parents/guardians must check in at the office and sign the student out. Students who are returned to school after their appointments, or students who are driven to school and arrive after the start of the school day, must have their parents/guardian sign them in.
Order of Dismissal
- Car riders
- Adventure Club participants
- Bus riders